Thursday, January 7, 2010

Interview With: Oliver Hunt


Me

I figured what better way to kick off this endeavor than to start by probing my own self (go ahead, yeah, I set myself up for it). Sometimes a person’s gotta be their own best friend.

Oliver- Hey you

Oliver- Hey guy

O- So, where are you right now?

O- Right now I’m in a coffee shop in Ravenswood, but when I type this up it’ll be at the library. I’m on my fourth cup of coffee today. I was gonna try to quit coffee this year and switch to tea but, for now, I like the white noise and idle chatter of coffee shops to read, write and study in, and coffee’s cheaper than tea in those places and I’m usually pretty broke so…

O- Well, how are you surviving this winter?

O- Well, I’ll tell you, this winter doesn’t feel nearly as harsh or as desperate as last year’s. Maybe I’m more acclimated to it because this summer was such a non-summer. I mean, it barely got warm and it hardly ever got hot or sweltering.
   Another thing is…I kinda lucked out. Without saying too much, I don’t have to worry about rent for a couple of months. Granted, after paying rent a few months in advance there wasn’t a lot left over, but that’s a pretty big thing not to have to worry about.
   So, even though it’s January, I still take the pedicab out to things like Blackhawks games. I might only get a ride or two, but if I make twenty bucks I can get a cup of coffee and some groceries. That’s the thing, it’s never actually preferred, but I know how to survive on little to no actual income.

O- We should talk more later.

O- Definitely. You know where to find me.




No comments:

Post a Comment